With macOS Beta 2, we have enabled a way to get your Mac protected with your subscription right now. Essentially, since you have a subscription through the App Store, you'll need to copy the encoded App Store Receipt and open it on your mac to activate Guardian for macOS. This is just in the meantime while we implement a more seamless authentication to macOS.
To take advantage of your Apple in-app purchase subscription in the Mac app please follow these manual steps:
1. Open Guardian Firewall on your iOS device. Navigate to Guardian Settings and tap on Contact Technical Support. From there select only "App Store Receipt".
2. Tap "Done" in the top right
3. Your E-Mail app of choice will open with the encoded App Store receipt in the E-Mail body. Save this E-Mail as a draft so that you can get to it from your Mac. Alternatively copy the encoded App Store receipt and paste into a note taking application of your choice which syncs with your Mac. Only copy the characters between the two "<BR>"
Note: As of iOS 14.5, new lines in pre-formatted E-Mail bodies opened in the built-in iOS E-Mail app are encoded as "<BR>" due to a security exploit in a previous iOS version.
4. On your Mac, navigate to the menu bar at the top of the screen. Click the G in the menu bar and select "Settings" from the drop down menu. A window will appear with the "General" tab selected at the top.
5. Click "Restore Subscription" at the bottom of the Settings window.
6. A new window will appear. You can paste the previously copied App Store receipt here.
7. Click on "Verify Receipt" to authenticate your subscription. If a valid subscription is found the window will close and your subscription will be activated.
8. Lastly, navigate back into the menu bar and click onto the Guardian logo and select "Connect."
Your privacy is now protected with Guardian Firewall for macOS